The City of Nashua seeks active and engaged volunteers to serve as members of the Housing Trust Fund Committee. The Committee shall be responsible for the following:
- Making recommendations to the Mayor as the agent to expend for funds from the Housing Trust Fund.
- Developing the guidelines for the Housing Trust Fund. The guidelines shall support the creation of affordable housing units and housing development or redevelopment projects with unique financial, environmental, or other challenges that impact the provision of affordable housing.
- Developing the criteria for project eligibility and assist in the determination of eligible applicants for expenditure of Housing Trust Fund monies.
- Identifying opportunities and potential barriers to implementing the City’s affordable housing goals and making recommendations to address those challenges.
- Improving housing access with respect to City residents at all life stages, household compositions, physical abilities, and socioeconomic levels.
- Guiding and supporting outreach and engagement initiatives and activities related to affordable housing. This may include assistance in the creation and distribution of affordable housing literature and community education on housing, generally.
- Recommend policies, ordinance changes, or modifications to the City’s housing programs.
The following Committee members are sought:
- One (1) Nashua resident of a low-income neighborhood or a low-income community resident.
- One (1) licensed New Hampshire attorney in good standing who practices in the City.
- One (1) finance professional with experience in housing lending in the City or State of New Hampshire.
- One (1) representative of a housing advocacy group.
Committee members will serve three (3) year terms.
The Committee will meet a minimum of monthly in the coming year, with meetings scheduled as needed.
Click here for more information about the Housing Trust Fund Committee’s formation.
Applications will be accepted until August 19th, 2022.
Submit your application to volunteer on the Housing Trust Fund Committee with the Volunteer For A Board or Commission Form (Select Housing Trust Fund Committee in the pulldown)