Due to an increase in COVID-19 cases and hospitalizations throughout the State and continued substantial community transmission in the Greater Nashua Region, the City of Nashua Ordinance O-21-083 is now in effect through January 31, 2022.
The City of Nashua ordains that the following Emergency Public Health Order adopted by the Nashua Board of Health is hereby approved:
1. Employees of all businesses shall wear a face covering over their mouth and nose when interacting with the public and whenever they are within six feet of a co-worker or a customer.
2. Members of the public entering any business, including without limitation any outdoor area where business of any sort is conducted, work site, or government building must wear a face covering over their nose and mouth.
3. Members of the public entering a restaurant for the purpose of picking up food for take- out or any other purpose must wear a face covering over their mouth and nose . Members of the public dining at a restaurant may remove face covering when actively eating and drinking.
4. Residents, visitors, and members of the public entering or present at a residential or commercial building complex of greater than two (2) units must wear a face covering over their nose and mouth while in common areas and communal spaces.
5. This order applies to all individuals over the age of 2, regardless of vaccination status.
6. A face covering is not required to be worn by any person if said person can show a medical professional has advised that wearing a face covering may pose a risk to said person for health related reasons. This exception to the face covering requirement for health reasons shall require a person t o have in his or her immediate possession a written document executed by a medical doctor, registered nurse practitioner, or a physician’s assistant authorized to prescribe medication which document certifies that the practitioner has warned the individual that he or she should not wear a face covering because it would pose a risk to his or her health.
7. All businesses open to the public, including restaurants, retail stores, service providers, and places of amusement and recreation, and residential and commercial buildings of greater than two (2) units shall post at each public entrance a notice stating “FACE COVERINGS REQUIRED.”
8. Persons engaged in utilizing cardio, strength training, and other gymnasium equipment may remove the face covering during the actual use of such equipment provided a distance of six (6) feet from any other person is maintained.
9. Persons at places of amusement, including bingo halls, bowling alleys, charitable gaming facilities, and similar places where food and drink is served secondarily to the main activity may remove face covering while actually engaged in eating or drinking and not at other times.
10. Persons receiving personal care services including hair cutting and other hair treatment, facials, tattooing, piercing, and similar services, may remove face covering during any limited period during which the face covering actually interferes with the performing of the service.
For more information, please visit the City of Nashua’s website at nashuanh.gov/1392/Face-Coverings.
The mission of the Nashua Division of Public Health and Community Services is to promote, protect, and preserve the health and wellbeing of the Greater Nashua Region through leadership and community collaboration. The vision is to have an informed, safe, healthy, and resilient community where all people can thrive and prosper.