The 2023 Household Hazardous Waste collection program will begin with the first event on Saturday April 22, from 8 am-12 pm at the Park ‘n Ride lot at 25 Crown Street in Nashua. Residents of Nashua and 10 surrounding communities may bring hazardous materials to the event for proper disposal; acceptable wastes include oil-based paints, pesticides, varnish, wood preservatives, thinners, pesticides, pool chemicals, antifreeze, oil-based paints, lithium and button batteries,
and driveway sealers. There is a $15 fee for up to 10 gallons or 20 pounds.
NO latex paint, used oil, asbestos, or smoke detectors will be accepted. Please contact the Solid Waste Department at 589-3410 about the proper disposal of these items.
Rechargeable batteries, mercury devices, cell phones and fluorescent bulbs may still be brought to the Four Hills Landfill / Nashua Recycling Center. Although the office is closed to the public, there is a cart outside the office building for long fluorescent bulbs, and a recycling bin for small bulbs, rechargeable batteries and cell phones. Please make sure that any mercury devices like thermometers are protected from breakage.
2023 Schedule for Household Hazardous Waste events:
- Saturday, April 22, 8am-12pm, 25 Crown Street, Nashua
- Thursday, June 1, 3pm-7pm, 25 Crown Street, Nashua
- Saturday, August 5, 8am-12pm, 25 Crown Street, Nashua
- Saturday, August 26, 8am-12pm, 33 Newcomb Field Parkway, Pelham
- Saturday, October 7, 8am-12pm, 25 Crown Street, Nashua
- Saturday, November 4, 8am-12pm, 25 Crown Street, Nashua