This first collection for household hazardous wastes in 2020 will take place on Saturday August 1, from 8 am to noon on the grounds of the Public Works Garage in Nashua, 9 Stadium Drive, near the Police Station. Nashua residents are encouraged to participate in this event, and residents of the following towns in our region are also welcome - Amherst, Brookline, Hollis, Hudson, Litchfield, Merrimack, Milford, Mont Vernon, Pelham and Windham. There is a 10 gallon or 20 pound limit per household and a charge of $15 per vehicle is requested to help cover costs.
COVID 19 requires the following new procedures:
• Participants MUST WEAR MASKS, and keep windows closed;
• No one may get out of their car unless asked to do so;
• Waste must be in boxes in the trunk of a car or in the bed of a truck;
• No containers will be returned to participants after being emptied;
• No public restrooms will be available; and
• Please leave children and pets at home.
Acceptable wastes include oil-based paints, varnish, wood preservatives, thinners, pesticides, pool chemicals, antifreeze, oil-based paints, lithium and button batteries, and driveway sealers. NO latex paint, used oil, asbestos, or smoke detectors will be accepted. Please contact the Solid Waste Department at 589-3410 about the proper disposal of these items.
The next scheduled event will take place in Milford at their DPW Garage on Saturday August 29 from 8 am to noon. Please call 589-3413 for details.