Subdivisions & Site Plans
The City of Nashua Environmental Health Department is involved with evaluating land use for site plans and subdivision use.
The fee for subdivision review is $40 which must accompany the submission.
- Hazardous or special waste
- Methods of sewage disposal
- Previous use of land
- Proximity to municipal utilities
- Source of water supply
- Wetlands identification
Sewage & Septic Systems
Individual sewage disposal systems must be approved by both the NH State Department of Environmental Services and the City of Nashua’s Environmental Health Department.
The fee for Septic Systems is $75. All fees must be paid prior to local approval being granted.
The Environmental Health Department conducts the following:
- Test Pit Observations
- Plan Reviews with Local Approval
- Bed Bottom Inspections
The State of New Hampshire conducts the final inspection prior to operational approval.
- Distance to existing or proposed wells
- Proximity to surface water
- Seasonal high water table identification
- Soil interpretation
- Type and size of proposed facility