Environmental Health Department
The Environmental Health Team protects the public’s health by promoting best prevention practices through science, education, guidance, and fostering public trust; and enforcement of laws and ordinances. The goal is to create a healthy and well informed public with a balanced integration of human health and environmental protection.
Services Offered by the Environmental Health Team include:
- Licensing and inspection of food service establishments, swimming pools, and spas
- Inspection of child care, foster homes, and schools
- Responding to complaints regarding sanitation and environmental health hazards
- Oversight of Rabies Control activities
- Approval of demolition, septic, and subdivision plans
- Education to the public on a variety of environmental topics
At this time, the City of Nashua Division of Public Health and Community Services (DPHCS) is undergoing a building renovation at our 18 Mulberry Street location. During this process, staff will not have immediate access to hard copy documentation and records stored by the Environmental Health Department.
If you would like to request information regarding a septic plan, site assessment, food service inspection, or other record, please complete this form. Upon completion, you will receive an email confirmation and a staff member will contact you regarding your request within ten business days.
NewsFlash - Get the latest updates here!
Temporary Change in Services
The City of Nashua Division of Public Health and Community Services (DPHCS) will be undergoing a temporary building relocation to allow for renovations at our 18 Mulberry Street location, expected to take one year. During this time, staff will be relocated to the Landmark Building in Nashua.
Our Environmental Health Team is providing services by appointment only. To schedule an appointment for inspections or site visits, please call 603-589-4530 or email EH@nashuanh.gov. At this time, we encourage applicants to mail any payments to the City of Nashua Environmental Health Department: 142 Main Street, 5th Floor, Nashua, NH 03060. Hours of operation will be 8:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. and 1:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. Requests for documents should be made online using this form.
COVID-19 Food Resources
- Best Practices for Retail Food Stores, Restaurants, and Food Pick-Up/Delivery Services During the COVID-19 Pandemic
- Guidance for Food Service Establishments
- Guidance for Grocery Stores
- Grocery Store Safety Signage (English / Spanish)
Update to NH Food Protection Rules - December 2020
- 2017 FDA Food Code Summary of Changes
- 2017 FDA Food Code
- Sample Employee Health Policy
- Sample Vomiting and Diarrheal Clean Up Policy
- Dishwasher Temperature Testing Devices: