What is it?
Demand Response is a shared ride, origin to destination, public transportation service for individuals in Nashua and surrounding communities.
Nashua Transit System provides origin to destination transportation to the following areas: Amherst, Brookline, Hollis, Hudson, Merrimack, Milford, Mont Vernon, Nashua and Wilton.
Our Demand Response service is broken down into four (5) categories:
- Complementary Paratransit service is for those who are unable to use the fixed route due to a physical or mental impairment.
- Senior service is for Nashua residents that are sixty-five (65) years of age or older.
- Hudson service is for residents of Hudson, NH.
- Merrimack service is for residents of Merrimack, NH.
- Souhegan Valley Rides service is for residents of one of the following six (6) communities: Amherst, Brookline, Hollis, Milford, Mont Vernon or Wilton.
Once you have identified the correct service for you, please print and fill out the corresponding application. If you are unable to print the application, please contact (603) 880-0100 ext. 4 and request an application to be mailed to your address. Once completed, please return it to NTS.
NTS will review your application and determine if you are eligible. Once a decision is made, you will be notified via mail.
How to Schedule a Trip
Once you have been notified of your approval, you may begin scheduling trips.
Call our schedulers at (603) 880-0100 ext. 2 and provide them with the following information:
- Full name
- Telephone number
- Date of trip
- Pick-up address and drop-off address
- Times you would like to arrive and return from your destination
- Whether you use a mobility device
- Whether a personal care attendant (PCA) or companion will be riding with you
- Whether you will need any assistance from the driver at your pick-up or drop-off location
Fare prices vary depending on the service. To see our fare price breakdown, select your service type (i.e. Complementary Paratransit, Senior, Hudson, Merrimack, or Souhegan Valley Rides).