Public Education & Safety Information
One of the most important facets of the Fire Service is to reduce the number fatalities and injuries related to the inappropriate use of fire. Fire Safety is a life long education beginning with toddlers and extending to Seniors. Each stage of our lives brings different facets of fire safety from not playing with matches and lighters to recognizing fire dangers, planning a family fire evacuation plan, college and dorm room safety, seasonal event safety and many more.
Listed below are a few of the programs that involve education along with links to other websites for more information and suggestions.
Home Fire Safety
Here is a list of basic fire safety items from Nashua Fire Rescue that can be downloaded and reviewed.
- Residential Fire Safety Awareness (PDF)
- Home Fire Safety Checklist (PDF)
- Make a Home Fire Escape Plan (PDF)
College Campus Fire Safety
Every year college and university students experience a growing number of fire-related emergencies. There are several causes for these fires, however most are due to a general lack of knowledge about fire safety and prevention. Here is some information on campus safety.
Required by NH State Law and by Nashua code (PDF) smoke detectors are required to be installed in every bedroom and at least on every level of your home. Just as important as having smoke detectors is the need to test them. If your home is equipped with batteries the Fire Marshals Office recommends that you replace the batteries and check the detectors when you change your clocks for Daylight savings time. Detectors should be tested at least once a month and occupants should be aware of the sound that it makes. Every family should also develop a Home Fire Escape Plan.
Smoke Detector Disposal
Fire Extinguisher Disposal
- Return free of charge to ASAP Fire Company, 90 Progress Avenue, Tyngsboro, MA 01879 (978-649-4945)
Carbon Monoxide Detectors
Home Fire Sprinklers
It has been well documented that fire sprinklers save lives. New products and installation techniques have substantially reduced the installation costs of residential systems. We highly recommend they be considered especially during renovation or construction.
Home Generator Safety Guidelines
The State of New Hampshire Fire Marshal offers Home Generator Safety tips in this informational video. See the video for more information.
Portable Grill Use
Safety Information Bulletins & Press Releases
- 2020-05 Smoke Alarm Device Requirements in Dwellings (PDF)
- 2015-02 Carbon Monoxide Detection Devices in Dwellings (PDF)
- City of Nashua Building Department Snow Load Danger Press Release (PDF)
- Car Seat Safety Tips Bulletin (PDF)
- Car Fire Safety Bulletin (PDF)
- Candle Safety Tips Bulletin (PDF)
- Cooking Safety Bulletin (PDF)
- Clothes Dryer Safety Bulletin (PDF)
- Home Heating Safety Bulletin (PDF)
- Medical Oxygen Safety Bulletin (PDF)
- Elderly Fire & Fall Prevention Bulletin (PDF)
- Grilling Safety Bulletin (PDF)
- Scald Prevention Bulletin (PDF)
- Microwave Oven Safety Bulletin (PDF)
- Portable Fireplace Safety Bulletin (PDF)
- Turkey Fryer Safety Bulletin (PDF)
- Gel Fuel Warning & Recall (PDF)
- Smoking Safety Bulletin (PDF)
- CFL Light Bulb Safety Bulletin (PDF)
- Lightning Safety Bulletin (PDF)
- Hotel & Motel Safety Bulletin (PDF)
- Safety in Places of Public Assembly (PDF)
- Fire Safety in Manufactured Homes (PDF)
- Halloween Safety Tips (PDF)
- Winter Holiday Safety Bulletin (PDF)
- Top 10 Winter Freeze Tips (PDF)
- Home Electrical Safety Bulletin (PDF)