Motor Vehicle Registration

Motor Vehicle Registration Department

The Motor Vehicle Registration Department strives to provide quality customer service and to educate our residents regarding the State of New Hampshire Motor Vehicle Laws.  You can pay for your motor vehicle registration online (Renewals Only).

Municipal Agent

The City of Nashua is a Municipal Agent for the State of New Hampshire. This enables our department to complete most transactions in one location for the convenience of our residents.

Registration Signature

The owner of a registered vehicle must sign the bottom of the registration (State of New Hampshire RSA 641:3)

Tax Deductible Fees

The City's municipal fees for MOS/MILLS on your vehicle registration are the only portions that are tax deductible on Internal Revenue Service Schedules A and B on Form 1040. These line items are a deduction for personal property taxes.
The State of NH portion of your registration is not deductible.

Finding the Fees Paid

Please refer to your registration for the fees paid. The fees paid appear in the box on the right side of your registration, under the following headings:
  • Municipal Fees
  • State Fees
We are unable to provide any registration fees over the phone or through email. These services are now available online.

Lost Registration

If your registration is lost, a certified copy of your registration can be provided at City Hall for an $18 fee.

Snow Emergencies 

During the hours of the snow emergency, the City of Nashua will be towing vehicles remaining on the street and in the municipal surface lots. Owners of towed vehicles may retrieve their cars at the Solid Waste Department (Landfill) and must pay a fine of $315 (cash, money order or credit card only). Please note that cars may be picked up at the landfill scale house at all times during the snow emergency. After the snow emergency has been lifted, cars may be picked up during normal business hours.