During the temporary suspension of services at City Hall, the Planning Department will continue to accept online application and mail -in requests. If you have any questions on any submittal, please contact Planning Staff.
The Planning Department is a department within the Community Development Division.
The Planning Department is seeking new leadership in the New Year check our brochure for more information.
Our mission is to provide the regulatory framework and leadership to guide the city in the process and maintenance of its vision and support of its respective boards and commissions by:
- Creating a structure for updating existing plans, developing new plans, and promoting those plans so they are broadly used as the basis for all future decision making
- Recommending land use regulations that will bring the city toward its vision
- Aggressively pursuing opportunities consistent with the vision through outreach to the community
- Leading the city to a higher level of understanding and commitment to the city's potential
The following Boards, Commission, and land use information are overseen by the Planning Department:
- Asbestos Information (PDF)
- Boards and Commissions (Committee members are Mayoral appointments)
- Capital Improvement
- FY2014 Planning Department Annual Report (PDF)
- Land Use Code
- Online Ordinances
- Plans and Studies
- Zoning Map (PDF) (please be patient while map loads)
- Southwest Trails Map (PDF)