Special Municipal Election - March 20, 2018
The City of Nashua will be conducting a Special Municipal Election, on Tuesday, March 20, 2018, to fill an expired term in the Board of Education.
The City Clerk's Office will be in session daily, Monday through Friday, from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. and on Saturday, March 10, 2018. This will be the last day to register to vote before the Special Municipal Election. Our office will be opened this day from 10 a.m. to 12 p.m. If you are a new voter to Nashua, if you moved from another municipality within the State or moved within Nashua, if you changed your name or wish to change your party affiliation, please come down to our office to register or re-register before the deadline. The Board of Registrars will meet on Wednesday, March 14th at 10 a.m. in the Financial Accounting Finance Room, 1st Floor, City Hall for certification of the checklist and to conduct any other such business that may come before it.
Registering to Vote - In Person
- In Nashua, residents may register at the City Clerk's Office, 229 Main Street, Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. - 5 p.m., excluding holidays.
- If you are unable to come into our office, you can register to vote on election day at the polls. Registering on election day and then voting will require you to wait in two lines: one to register and one to vote. You will save time by registering earlier.
- For more information and what documentation is required on how to register to vote, including if you are changing your address within the city, please click on the below link, which brings you to the Secretary of State's website.
- If a voter wants to change their party affiliation, they must do so in person at our office. Please note that there may be periods of times when state law does not permit a change of party (generally from the first date of a filing period until the day after the primary). Please contact the City Clerk's Office if you have any questions.
- If a voter's name has changed, due to marriage, divorce or a legal name change, this change must be done in person at our office. Please bring with you the proof of the name change, i.e. certified marriage certificate, certified court order.
Registering to Vote - Absentee
In New Hampshire, only residents who are temporarily absent from the City (such as college students or overseas citizens) and residents who are physically disabled and unable to come to the Office of the City Clerk or the polling location to register, may do so by mail. Please contact the City Clerk at (603-589-3010) for more information.
Voter Information Look-up - Office of the Secretary of State
If you are not sure if you are registered to vote, want to check what party you are affiliated with or where you should go to vote, please visit the State of New Hampshire Voter Information Look-up Tool, on the Secretary of State's Website.