Schools are smoke-free zones. Please inform campaign workers that they cannot smoke on school property. Election officials will ask the Police Department to enforce this regulation if necessary.
Distribution of Literature
City Ordinances prohibit the distribution of handbills or the posting of political signs for a distance of 100 feet from the polling place entrance (NRO 23-2). (Note: “Posting” includes the placement of signs on a vehicle parked within a distance of 100 feet from the polling place.)
During voting hours, no person shall park a vehicle in front of the entrance to the polling place for a distance of 100 feet in each side of the entrance, except for the purpose of voting (NRO 320-64).
City Ordinances prohibit the posting of political signs for a distance of 100 feet from the polling place entrance (NRO 23-2). “Posting” includes the placement of signs on a vehicle parked within a distance of 100 feet from the polling place.
No advertisements of any kind upon any object of nature, utility pole, telephone booth or highway sign. (RSA 236:75).
Prohibited under NRO 190-93 (partial list):
- (a) Any sign erected or displayed upon, or projecting into public property. (That is, campaign signs can be held but they cannot, in any way, be affixed, propped up, left standing, or pounded into the ground on public property.)
- (b) Any sign attached to any public utility pole or structure, street light, tree, fence, fire hydrant, bridge, curb, sidewalk, park bench, or other location on public property
- (c) Any sign placed, which by reason of its location, will obstruct the view of any authorized traffic sign, signal or other traffic control device
- (l) Any sign mounted, attached or painted on a trailer, boat, or motor vehicle when parked, stored, or displayed conspicuously on the public right-of-way Such signs or devices are considered portable signs within the meaning of these regulations and are prohibited
- (m) Any sign painted, attached or mounted on fuel tanks, outdoor storage containers and/or solid waste receptacles or their enclosures.
- (n) Any unauthorized sign attached to existing signs, outdoor light poles, or other structures.