City Clerk's Office
The City Clerk’s Office is pleased to announce that the office will be open for all transactions beginning June 7, 2021 between the hours of 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM.
Requests for vitals and renewal of dog licenses continue to be available online, by mail or via the drop box located at the back of City Hall. Please note that the City Clerk’s Office has been temporarily relocated to the Auditorium, located on the 3rd floor of City Hall. If you need assistance, please contact (603) 589-3010 option 5 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org..
State law requires all dogs must be licensed by June 1st. Failure to register your dog by then could result in late fees, a Civil Forfeiture fine of $25.00 and related notification costs.
If you no longer have a dog or need more information, please call the city clerk’s office at 589-3010 option 5, or click the icon below to notify us.
Note: Proof of current rabies vaccination will be required at time of licensing. You may also renew online, by mail or by drop box located at the Elm Street entrance of City Hall. If the dog has been spayed or neutered, and it is not currently on file, the owner or keeper needs to provide the proper documentation in order to receive the discounted rate. To license your dog by mail, please print off and complete the city’s Mail-in Dog License Application (PDF), and return it to the City Clerk’s Office with the required documentation and fee.
Please note there is a transaction fee and convenience fee associated with the online service. The cost of a dog license is as follows:
- Puppy (ages 4-7 months) - $7.50
- Spayed or neutered dogs - $7.50
- Unaltered female or male dogs - $10
- Senior citizen dog - $3.00 (owner who is 65 years old or older on the first dog only)
- If you did not license your dog for the 2020-2021 licensing year, you will be responsible for bringing your account current by paying for a license for 2020-2021, as well as late fees ($1.00 per month from June forward) and $7 cost of service fee. Citizens may verify their dog information on file by emailing NashuaDogs@nashuanh.gov or by calling 589-3010, option 5.
Landlords Provide Notice
- NH RSA 540 Requires that Certain Landlords Provide Notice of NH Resident Authorized to Accept Service of Legal Proceeding
540:1-b Landlord’s Agent Required
An owner of restricted property, as defined in RSA 540:1-a, shall...within 30 days of becoming the owner or within 30 days of the effective date of this section, whichever occurs later, file a statement with the town or city clerk of the municipality in which the property is located that provides the name, address, and telephone number of a person within the state who is authorized to accept service of process for any legal proceeding brought against the owner relating to the restricted property. Such person authorized to accept service may be the owner of the premises (if a NH resident).
View the law and access Code Enforcement Emergency Information Form (PDF) which may be used to comply with this law in the City of Nashua is available here. Nashua does not charge a fee for this filing.