City of Nashua NEA Grant Application & Information
The City of Nashua will function as the pass-through organization for American Rescue Plan (ARP) funds provided by the National Endowment for the Arts. ARP funds available through this grant opportunity are to support eligible 501c3 nonprofit arts organizations that have been impacted by the Coronavirus pandemic. Eligible organizations must be located in Nashua, NH.
Round one grant applications are due by 5:00 pm May 18, 2022. Late applications will not be considered. (If funds remain, round two will be announced in early 2023.)
To submit an electronic copy via our online system, please visit: NEA Online Grant Application
Maximum award amounts are based on the size of the applicant organization’s past budget. Organizations with an annual budget of up to $49,999 are invited to apply for up to $7,500, those with budgets $50,000 and above are invited to apply for $10,000.
Application opens: April 13, 2022
Grant Application Workshop: April 28, 2022 9am-10am City Hall Auditorium
Application deadline: May 18, 2022 @ 5:00 pm
Awards approved or denied at Nashua Arts Commission Meeting: June 14, 2022
Official Announcement of awards: by June 17th, 2022
Earliest date for funded activities to begin: July 1, 2022
Latest date for funded activities to end: June 30, 2023
Final report due: July 31, 2023
- Be a 501c3 nonprofit organization (nonprofits operating through a fiscal sponsor are not eligible)
- Have an arts-based mission and a majority of programming in the arts
- Have at least a three-year history of arts programming.
- Demonstrate artistic excellence
- Have obtained or applied for a Unique Entity Identifier (UEI) at SAM.gov (link to instruction document)
- Cannot be disbarred, suspended, or have any other exclusions or disqualifications from receiving federal funding.
- Be a Nashua-based organization
- Use funding within the fiscal year July 1, 2022 - June 30, 2023
- Eligible expenses are limited to:
- Salary support, full or partial, for one or more staff positions.
- Fees/stipends for artists and/or contractual personnel only in support of services they provide for specific activities in support of the organization’s day to day operations.
- Facilities costs such as mortgage principal, rent, and utilities.
- Costs associated with health and safety supplies for staff and/or visitors/audiences (e.g., personal protective equipment, cleaning supplies, hand sanitizer, etc.).
- Marketing and promotion costs.
- Indirect costs (maximum allowed: 10% de minimus rate)
For a list of unallowable costs please see Appendix A on the NEA Help Page.
Applicants must adhere to the funding policies of the City of Nashua, which reserves the right to amend, reduce, or terminate any funding for non-compliance with the general guidelines.
Grant acknowledgement is required on all materials associated with the awardee’s programming (printed or electronic) such as programs, press releases, social media posts, and promotions, etc. and should be attributed to the Nashua Arts Commission and National Endowment for the Arts. Logos may be used where space and format permit.
Use the following phrase, “This project is made possible by support from the City of Nashua/ Nashua Arts Commission through a grant from the National Endowment for the Arts.”
If you have any questions regarding any part of this grant program, please email email@example.com