Mobile Food Service Vendors

The City of Nashua is one of fifteen self-inspecting jurisdictions in the state of New Hampshire. To operate a mobile food unit within the City, you must obtain a Nashua Mobile Food Service License from the Environmental Health Department and a Hawkers and Peddlers Permit from the City Clerk’s office. Food trucks and trailers also require a fire safety inspection from the Fire Marshall’s Office. The City of Nashua uses the 2017 FDA Code as adopted by Nashua Revised Ordinance Chapter 170 – Food Service establishments.  

Food trucks must also have a commissary kitchen at which their mobile unit is serviced. The level of service is determined by the type of mobile food operation and will be assessed during the plan review process. In addition to submitting a Mobile Food Service Vendor Application, a commissary agreement must also be submitted. The commissary kitchen must be a licensed facility. If the commissary kitchen is located in Nashua, the owner of the facility must sign the commissary agreement form which outlines what services can be used. If the facility is located outside of Nashua, the completed and signed commissary agreement along with a copy of the commissary’s food service license must be submitted.  

Once all required items are submitted to the Environmental Health Department, a plan review process is initiated. An Environmental Health Specialist will reach out to you regarding any missing information or items requiring clarification. After the review process, an inspection will be conducted at mutually agreeable time. Our inspectors will also coordinate with the Fire Marshall’s office so both inspections can be conducted at the same time, however this may not always be possible. Once you have been issued a food service license, the City Clerk’s office can issue your hawkers and peddlers permit.  

If you are an event coordinator looking for mobile vendors for your event, please visit our Temporary Food Service Establishments page for a list of currently licensed vendors.    

Associated Fees

  • Health Department One-Time Plan Review Fee - $125.00
  • Health Department Annual Mobile Food Vendor Fee - $200.00
  • City Clerk’s Annual Hawkers and Peddlers Permit Fee - $100.00

Applications and Forms 


For More Information: 603-589-4530