NTS's Response to COVID-19
Nashua Transit System is closely monitoring the COVID-19 pandemic. The information on this page will be updated as the situation evolves.
On-Call Van Service Available for Essential Trips
NTS is operating a community-wide, on-call van service (including ADA paratransit) for Nashua residents to access essential services including grocery stores, pharmacies, medical needs, and essential jobs.
About the Service
On-call van service is a shared ride service which picks up passengers at their origin and takes them to their destination within Nashua city limits. The fare for on-call van service is $1.25 each way.
6 am – 9:15 pm
9 am – 8:15 pm
Schedule Your Trip
To ensure your trip for any purpose, please book in advance. Ideally 24 hrs notice. Please call (603)880-0100 ext. 1 (Monday-Friday, 6:30am-6pm) to schedule. If you are not sure if your trip qualifies or for any other questions, please contact us.
If for any reason, you no longer need your ride, please call us as soon as possible to cancel your trip.
Grocery Shopping Shuttle for Nashua Seniors 65+
Nashua Transit System is helping Nashua’s senior residents take advantage of early morning grocery shopping hours by providing a free shopping shuttle for seniors ages 65+. Service is available Tuesday, Wednesday & Thursday mornings by reservation.
How it Works:
- Schedule your trip by calling (603)880-0100 extension 2, Monday-Friday, 8am-5pm. Reservations must be made by 2pm at least one day in advance.
- Provide the dispatcher with your name, phone number, address, DOB, and any mobility aids you may be using (walker, wheelchair, etc.)
- Your pick-up will be between 5:45-6:15 am
- On the day of your trip, please be ready promptly at 5:45 am. One of our friendly drivers will pick you up at the curb in front of your house during your pick-up window.
- You will have approximately 1 hour for shopping. After which the driver will bring you back home.
Regarding Reusable Bags
Per the NH Governor’s Emergency Order #10 prohibiting the use of reusable bags, NTS is now asking passengers to leave their reusable bags at home. There will be no limit on store-provided single use grocery bags on the bus, however, passengers must be able to manage their shopping bags on their own.
NTS is taking the following preventative measures to protect the health and safety of our passengers and employees:
- Cleaning & Disinfecting all vehicles and facilities on a daily basis.
- Providing disinfecting wipes and gloves for operator use.
- Posting informational posters about COVID-19 on vehicles & at the Transit Center in coordination with the Nashua Division of Public Health & Community Service
Nashua Transit System encourages riders to:
- Do not ride the bus if sick.
- Limit non-essential bus travel.
- Limit interactions with our bus drivers and staff.
- Please honor notices on seats and sit 6 ft away from the driver.
- Maintain a social distance of at least 6 ft from others while waiting for the bus.
- Spread out among the seats when riding the bus.
- Wash hands often with soap and warm water for at least 20 seconds.
- Avoid touching eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Cover coughs and sneezes.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched surfaces.
NTS encourages passengers to regularly check in with any of the following sources for service updates: