Call for Artists: Banner Art
City of Nashua Call-for-Artists: Banner Art Concept
The Call-for-Artists has closed. Thank you all for your submissions! Please check back in the Spring when we will announce the installation of the new banners.
The City of Nashua seeks artists to develop and execute an artistic concept for installation on the light pole banners along the Broad Street Parkway as well as on vertical banners mounted on the municipal parking garages on High Street and Elm Street. The City of Nashua is using this “Call for Artists” as the method in which to gather proposals from qualified artists.
This Call for Artists is part of an effort to provide artistic opportunities to and have art from a variety of artists for the enjoyment of the general public.
Banner Art Locations:
The scope of banner art exists at three separate locations in Nashua, NH:
- The Broad Street Parkway
- There is a total of 36 light poles which are located on the south side of Broad Street Parkway. The light poles are able to hold a canvas banner of 30” width by 80” height. These banners are considered the primary canvas for the concepts which will be developed into artwork by a selected artist.
- The High Street Municipal Garage
- There is a total of 4 banners surface mounted to the municipal garage. Two banners are mounted on the North face (Factory Street) of the garage and two banners are mounted on the South face (High Street) of the garage. These very large banners have a dimension of 44” by 224” and are constructed of sheet metal with a steel sub-frame. The sheet metal surface is capable of receiving new vinyl graphics without disassembly of the banner structure.
- The Elm Street Municipal Garage
- There is a total of 4 banners surface mounted to the municipal garage. All banners are mounted on the West face (Elm Street) of the garage. These very large banners have a dimension of 44” by 224” and are constructed of sheet metal with a steel sub-frame. The sheet metal surface is capable of receiving new vinyl graphics without disassembly of the banner structure.
The City of Nashua has allocated $4,000 towards the expense of development of a concept for banner art. No monetary award will be provided via the Call for Artists. The selected artists will enter into a contract with the City of Nashua. Artists must outline their fee structure for completing their concept plan as rendered graphics within their proposed scope of work.
Costs outlined in an artist proposal will be taken into consideration during the selection process.
The timeline for the Call for Artists is as follows:
|Sign Contract for Artist Service||Mid-December||TBD|
|Artist to Develop Final Concept||Mid-February||TBD|
|Final Art Presentation to DIC||Friday, March 16, 2018||City Hall, Room 208 at 7:45am|
|Banners Installed||Spring 2018|
All questions regarding this Call-for-Artists can be directed to:
City of Nashua