The Environmental Health Department is involved with evaluating land use for site plans and subdivision use. The fee for subdivision review is $40.00 which must accompany submittal.
Subdivision and Septic System Review and Installations
Review parameters include:
- Wetlands identification
- Hazardous or special waste
- Methods of sewage disposal
- Source of water supply
- Previous use of land
- Proximity to municipal utilities
Individual sewage disposal systems must be approved by both the NH State Department of Environmental Services and the City of Nashua’s Environmental Health Department. Fees associated with the septic plan review are as follows: Test Pit $40.00, Plan Review $ 35.00 and Final Inspection $ 25.00.
Areas of review include:
- Soil interpretation
- Proximity to surface water
- Distance to existing or proposed wells
- Type and size of proposed facility
- Seasonal highwater table identification