VOTER REGISTRATION SUMMARY
ATTENTION NASHUA VOTERS
MUNICIPAL ELECTION ON NOVEMBER 3, 2015
The last day to register to vote in the City Clerk’s Office was on Saturday, October 24th. You now will have to register at your polling location on November 3rd. Please contact the City Clerk’s Office at 589-3010 to find which ward you live in or go to the State of NH, Voter Information Look-up website at: http://app.sos.nh.gov
LAST DAY TO CHANGE PARTY AFFILIATION PRIOR TO PRESIDENTIAL PRIMARY (PRIMARY DATE HAS NOT YET BEEN ANNOUNCED)
FRIDAY, OCTOBER 30, 2015
Office will be opened on October 30th from 7:00 pm - 7:30 pm
Voters can ONLY make changes to their party affiliation during regular City Clerk Office hours of Monday – Friday, 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. If voters are not sure of their party affiliation, they can visit the City Clerk’s Office to view the posted checklist or go to the State of NH, Voter Information Look-up website at: http://app.sos.nh.gov.
REGISTERING TO VOTE – IN PERSON
- In New Hampshire, there are no restrictions on the rights of U.S. citizens, who will be at least 18 years of age on the date of the next election, to register to vote.
- In Nashua, residents may register at the City Clerk's Office, 229 Main Street, Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- The voter registration process will take less time if you bring a photo ID and at least one item to prove that you reside in Nashua. Examples of proof of identification would include a driver's license or passport, and examples of proof of residency would include a driver's license with your Nashua residence printed on the front, vehicle registration, current postmarked mail, a lease, utility bill, or a payroll stub with your residence. If born outside of the United States, you will be asked to prove your US citizenship. If you do not have evidence of age, identity, residency and/or citizenship, you will be required to sign a Domicile Affidavit and/or Qualified Voter Affidavit, whichever is/are applicable. Call the City Clerk's Office for guidance if you have any questions about the type of documentation you will need (603-589-3010).
- In New Hampshire, no one is permitted to register to vote during the ten days prior to an election. This allows the City Clerk time to update and print the checklists that will be used at the polls on election day.
- You may, however, register to vote on election day at the polls. Registering on election day and then voting will require you to wait in two lines: one to register and one to vote. You will save time by registering earlier.
REGISTERING TO VOTE -- ABSENTEE
In New Hampshire, only residents who are temporarily absent from the City (such as college students or overseas citizens) and residents who are physically disabled and unable to come to the Office of the City Clerk or the polling place to register, may do so by mail. Please contact the City Clerk at (603-589-3010) for information and forms.
NAME, ADDRESS, AND PARTY CHANGES
- Party changes can only be made “by appearing in person” at the Office of the City Clerk (RSA 654:34). In addition, there are periods of time when state law does not permit a change of party (generally from the first date of a filing period until the day after the primary election). Please call the City Clerk if you have any questions.
- Address changes from one Nashua residence to another Nashua address must be made in person at the Office of the City Clerk. We will require proof of your new address in the form of a lease, utility bill, current postmarked mail or payroll stub. If you do not have any documentation, then you will be able to complete a Domicile Affidavit.
- Name changes (due to marriage, for example) must be made in person at the Office of the City Clerk. You will need to bring proof of the name change (for example: certified marriage certificate or certified court order) or you can complete a Qualified Voter Affidavit.